Summer 2019 Graphic Design Internship
We won’t have you make us coffee. That’s what the Keurig is for.
Gilday Creative. Inc. is an amazing team of talented people who are passionate, creative, collaborative, and love dogs. We work to elevate, celebrate, and advance brands: small, large and not-for-profit. We believe that our talents should be used to help others become successful, make the world better (one animal rescue at a time), and give back to the community we live. Sound like the place for you? Then we invite you to read on.
The Internship Program is designed for the best and the brightest – only students with the determination and passion to make it in the competitive world of design & marketing need apply. We have had five summer interns work with us over the last six years and they all did well in our program. Over the course of the summer, you’ll be exposed to all facets of a design studio, including everything from preparing new business pitches, putting together final creative ads, and launching a website. You’ll learn the intricacies of each part of a creative business and come away with something tangible to add to your resume or portfolio after you complete a summer-long project for one or more of our clients.
We are looking for talented creative, innovative, and analytical interns. The graphic design intern will assist the senior team with research, design concepts, project planning, and all other design related tasks. They will work on various design projects: branding, brochure, advertising, magazine, website, and logo design. They will prepare design files for print production and online delivery. Must have a strong eye for design, typography, attention to detail, and layout. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and drawing and composition. WordPress knowledge is preferred, but not required.
Check out what one of our interns had to say about her 2018 summer internship:
“I am very appreciative for the opportunity that Gilday Creative provided me as their Summer 2018 Graphic Design Intern. The working environment was very positive and I was treated as an employee, not as an intern. I was given a lot of responsibility which I am thankful for as it let me know that they trusted me and my abilities. If I had a question, Sheila (Creative Director) was more than willing to answer and offer helpful advice. I worked on a wide range of content from print to digital output and I learned how to work within an already established design system.
The experience I had at Gilday Creative and the lessons I learned from Sheila, Steve (Project Manager), and Erica (Graphic Designer) are ones that I will carry with me as I continue my career in graphic design (I would not have had a better internship without them). And, dogs are also a great addition to any office space.”
– Maia Casper, The College of St. Rose ’19
We are looking for talented creative, innovative and analytical interns to expand our team for the summer of 2019.
General Internship Requirements:
• Self-starter, organized, flexible, and willing to learn.
• Very comfortable with computers, new technology, and email.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google docs.
• Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Please submit 3-4 examples of your best original work, with a brief explanation of each piece (the purpose of each piece, how the idea was born, and the work involved to create the final product) or link to a design portfolio.
• Strong interpersonal, planning, and analytical skills.
• Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities while balancing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Interact with clients (meetings, email, phone conferences, etc.).
• Attend off-site functions such as business trade shows/mixers.
• Like dogs. We have two very large office dogs that oversees our staff and come and go as they please.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
Program Start: May 28, 2019
Program End: August 16, 2019
If interested, please send your current portfolio, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.