We won’t have you make us coffee. That’s what the Keurig is for.
Gilday Creative. Inc. is an amazing team of talented people who are passionate, creative, collaborative, and love dogs. We work to elevate, celebrate, and advance brands: small, large, and not-for-profit. We believe that our talents should be used to help others become successful, make the world better (one animal rescue at a time), and give back to the community we live in. Sound like the place for you?
The GC Internship Program is designed for the best and the brightest – only students with the determination and passion to make it in the competitive world of design & marketing need apply. Over the course of the program, you’ll be exposed to all facets of a design studio, including everything from preparing new business pitches, putting together final creative ads, and launching a website. You’ll learn the intricacies of each part of a creative business and come away with something tangible to add to your resume or portfolio after you complete a summer-long project for one or more of our clients.
Check out what one of our intern, Maia, had to say about her internship:
I am very appreciative for the opportunity that Gilday Creative provided me as their Summer 2018 Graphic Design Intern. The working environment was very positive and I was treated as an employee, not as an intern. I was given a lot of responsibility which I am thankful for as it let me know that they trusted me and my abilities. If I had a question, Sheila (Creative Director) was more than willing to answer and offer helpful advice. I worked on a wide range of content from print to digital output and I learned how to work within an already established design system.
The experience I had at Gilday Creative and the lessons I learned from Sheila, Steve (Project Manager), and Erica (Graphic Designer) are ones that I will carry with me as I continue my career in graphic design (I would not have had a better internship without them).
Dogs are also a great addition to any office space. – Maia Casper, The College of St. Rose, 2019
General Internship Requirements:
- Self-starter, organized, flexible and willing to learn.
- Very comfortable with computers, new technology, and email.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and Google docs.
- Please note: those interested in design should be in art/design school and be proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Please submit 3-4 examples of your best original work, with a brief explanation of each piece (the purpose of each piece, how the idea was born, the work involved to create the final product) or link to a design portfolio.
- Strong interpersonal, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities while balancing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Interact with clients (meetings, email, phone conferences, etc.).
- Attend offsite functions such as business tradeshows/mixers and mini-golf.
- Like dogs. We have two very large office dogs that oversee our staff.
- PLUS – Love the Hudson Valley!
Graphic Design internships (2):
The graphic design intern will assist the senior team with research, design concepts, project planning, and all other design related tasks. They will work on various design projects: branding, brochure, advertising, magazine, website, and logo design. They will prepare design files for print production and online delivery. Must have a strong eye for design, typography, attention to detail, and layout. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator and preferably have experience with WordPress.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
Program Start: Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Program End: August, 2020
If interested, please send current portfolio and a copy of your resume with cover letter to Sheila@gildaycreative.com.