Summer 2016 Graphic Design Internship
We won’t have you make us coffee. That’s what the Keurig is for.
Gilday Creative. Inc. is an amazing team of talented people who are passionate, creative, collaborative, and love dogs. We work to elevate, celebrate, and advance brands: small, large and not-for-profit. We believe that our talents should be used to help others become successful, make the world better (one animal rescue at a time), and give back to the community we live. Sound like the place for you?
The GC Internship Program is designed for the best and the brightest – only students with the determination and passion to make it in the competitive world of design & marketing need apply. Over the course of this ten-week program, you’ll be exposed to all facets of a design studio, including everything from preparing new business pitches, putting together final creative ads, and launching a website. You’ll learn the intricacies of each part of a creative business and come away with something tangible to add to your resume or portfolio after you complete a summer-long project for one or more of our clients.
Check out what one of our interns had to say about her internship with us here, or read the kind words from summer intern Mackenzie:
“I couldn’t have asked for a more rewarding internship experience than working at Gilday Creative. Being a small firm, I had the opportunity to be involved with many aspects of the business and I was given a lot of creative freedom, working for a broad range of clients. Sheila (the creative director) and Emily (the senior designer) were great mentors and taught me a lot about the industry (as well as fueled my coffee addiction and showed me a plethora of funny YouTube videos.) An overall great place to intern for anyone who is looking for a very hands-on experience in a comfortable, laid back environment” – Mackenzie Carey, The College of St. Rose ’13
We are looking for talented creative, innovative and analytical interns to expand our team for the summer of 2016.
General Internship Requirements:
- Self-starter, organized, flexible and willing to learn
- Very comfortable with computers, new technology, and email
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and Google docs
- Please note: those interested in design should be in art/design school and be proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Please submit 3-4 examples of your best original work, with a brief explanation of each piece (the purpose of each piece, how the idea was born, the work involved to create the final product) or link to a design portfolio.
- Strong interpersonal, planning and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities while balancing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Interact with clients (meetings, email, phone conferences, etc.)
- Attend offsite functions such as business tradeshows / mixers and mini-golf.
- Like dogs. We have a very large office dog that oversees our staff.
- PLUS – Love the Hudson Valley
Graphic Design internships (2):
The graphic design intern will assist the senior team with research, design concepts, project planning, and all other design related tasks. They will work on various design projects: branding, brochure, advertising, magazine, website, and logo design. They will prepare design files for print production and online delivery. Must have a strong eye for design, typography, attention to detail, and layout. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator and preferably have experience with WordPress.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2016
Program Start: Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Program End: Thursday, July 28, 2016
If interested, please send current portfolio, and a copy of your resume with cover letter to Sheila@gildaycreative.com.