Freelance Graphic Design Position
Gilday Creative is seeking a flexible professional freelance graphic designer with +4 years of agency experience for a freelance position in our New Paltz design studio. We brand across print, screen, and spaces; we do it collaboratively, passionately, thoughtfully, and quickly. Extremely process driven, we are constantly looking to one-up ourselves. We strive to produce uniquely designed campaigns for our clients through listening, digesting, questioning, and resolving. Currently this is a 30 – 6o hour a month position.
- Creating eye catching designs that maintain our clients current brand visual style for both print and digital projects.
- Translate conceptual ideas from either creative briefs or wireframes into engaging visual presentations and design solutions.
- Produce problem-solving design that accomplishes the project goals and enhances agency-client relationships
- Maintain consistently high work standards and proactively learn new techniques, software and trends in graphic arts
- Have a history of executing projects from the initial concepting, through client interaction/feedback, to preparation of final art files, and vendor coordination for final production.
- Has great experience in brand design principles & process, graphic systems, typography, and visual composition across multiple platforms.
- Ability to effectively present work to a Creative Director, members of the account team, and clients.
- Shows originality – doesn’t rely on trends to do the work, but thinks beyond what is already out there.
- Has a passion for understanding the client and their business to come up with the best design solutions to fit them and their needs.
- Is a strong, proactive leader – both on projects and interacting with team members.
- Is highly professional and has excellent communication skills, in every way.
- Is very organized and efficient with time management, understands the value of planning according to timelines, and budgets and flexible when there is a need change the game plan.
- Is excited to be challenged, to add to a team dynamic, to come up with unique solutions, and show flexibility when given feedback.
- Manage your time appropriately by adhering to project budgets/deadlines and utilizing internal time-tracking software.
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent professional work experience
- 4+ years of post-college experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Photoshop, & Illustrator
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Full production/file preparation experience for both web and print
- Bonus (but not necessary)
- Strong understanding of marketing and social media
- Knowledge of editing WordPress, email marketing templates, and social media sites
- HTML/CSS knowledge
To Apply (Follow the directions, or we won’t even open your email):
If this describes you — and you have a portfolio to prove it — please send an email with your resume, salary requirements, and online portfolio link with the subject “Graphic Designer Position” to email@example.com